Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB-
Seton Hall University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AAA
Big East Conference
Seton Hall University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.96 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.99 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.98 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities133Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies43Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies40Graduates
- Political Science and Government38Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.136 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.164 responses
After Seton Hall University
- Very Good589
My experience overall at SHU has been a good one. There are a few things that they can improve on. They can improve on some of the professors here and their work ethic. Some professors are dedicated and care about your grades, others could care less. They also could improve on quality of food. The food here is okay, at best. There has been many incidents where students get sick and/or find something in their food.
- 7 days ago
It is a really nice place. The classes are not that big so the personal interaction between teacher and student is not lost.
- 14 days ago
My overall experience at Seton Hall University has been quite amazing. One month ago I was completely nervous and scared to start college. Within that time there have been many opportunities to meet people such as campus ministry events and TV shows in the student lounge. Every single person I have met here are sweethearts and great people to be around. Classes are wonderful to the point where I would never think that I do not want to be there. I have learned so much not only in my classes but about myself as well this past month; more than I have learned in my lifetime. I cannot picture myself anywhere else and am extremely excited to see what the next three years and eight months has to bring.
- 27 days ago