Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA-
Seattle University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AAA
Western Athletic Conference
Seattle University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.55 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.59 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.59 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management50Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities41Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering40Graduates
- Political Science and Government39Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.47 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.77 responses
After Seattle University
- Very Good333
Seattle University is what you make of it. There are a ton of student activities to get involved with and a strong sense of community within the groups of students involved in those activities. However, many students choose not to partake in these activities, which can make it feel as though there are two different populations of students at the school. For those who take advantage of the wealth of opportunities at SU, it can be a wonderful experience. I loved my four years at Seattle University and the urban environment surrounding the school. It is a vibrant community filled with passionate students.
- 17 hours ago
I absolutely love Seattle University! It has become the stage for so much growth in my life. It is a beautiful campus, loving community, and excellent education. After starting my education at SU, I have become a much more socially and politically aware person and student. It is a smaller school though, so be prepared to know most people on campus if you are a social person. Lastly, I love that there is no Greek life on campus.
- 7 days ago
Seattle University is overall a solid institution. Although the school is expensive, lacks community and diversity in my eyes, the education is good. The classroom settings are nice, professors are generally kind and easy to contact. The campus is growing and expanding. The school teams aren't great which gives the students more of a possibility to walk-on.
- 8 days ago