Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeA+
San Diego State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Mountain West Conference
San Diego State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.290 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.301 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.301 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management1,264Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies398Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies316Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities248Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 183 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.361 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.401 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 203 responsesReport
After San Diego State University
- Very Good1717
I absolutely love SDSU! The atmosphere is great and it is a very diverse place, which I love. Everyone I have met here are very friendly people!
- 5 hours ago
I'm a freshman at SDSU and so far I absolutely love it. The people here are amazing and resourceful, always willing to help and socialize. Academics are challenging but manageable, I know that I can succeed if I focus on it. The weather just makes this school so much better. Every day is a great day. Being at such an amazing school makes me want to do well.
- 14 days ago
I really love the atmosphere here because it's so accepting and inviting and it made me feel at home to come to this school. I admire the pride that every student has for their which is far beyond what I experienced in high school. Most of the students that I've encountered have been really friendly and nice to me. I wouldn't really want to change anything because the social environment is amazing and the academic life-style is pretty good too.
- 16 days ago