Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB
Sam Houston State University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
High School GPA
Neither required nor recommended
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.202 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.213 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.214 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies649Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities397Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science174Graduates
- Animal Sciences and Husbandry70Graduates
- Business Administration and Management69Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 127 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.242 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.296 responses
After Sam Houston State University
- Very Good1068
Sam Houston is an amazing college for both acedemics and social events. Sam offers many programs to help and allow students to get involved on campus and off. Not only does this help students build connections, but also helps them build resumes for future jobs.
- 1 day ago
Sam Houston State is an overall wonderful campus, from the beautiful scenery to the wonderful classes and professors. I have had such a wonderful time here. It is a very active campus with so many resources that can help any need. If i could change one thing it would to broadcast more of the different clubs and opportunities.
- 4 days ago
I am a transfer student who lives about 40 minutes off campus. If you asked me last semester if I have even thought about going to Sam I would have given you the weirdest look, I have always known where I wanted to go to school where my father attended in St. Louis. To be honest I didn't even look at Sam Houston, I applied to Lindenwood and that was it, someone then informed me about the Psychology program at Sam and I felt silly not at lest looking at the school, I went and loved it. Even though I have my 40 minutes drive I really don't mind, I have only been there a semester so I haven't gotten to much there but the classes are great! And I'm so glad I stayed, everyone is awesome, the campus is so pretty and I love to sitting anywhere really. Again I'm glad I stayed and get to enjoy Sam Houston.
- 7 days ago