Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeC
Salem State University is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Massachusetts State College Athletic Association
Salem State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.61 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.63 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.63 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration109Graduates
- Business Administration and Management87Graduates
- Early Childhood Education70Graduates
- Elementary Education64Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services61Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science54Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.76 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.106 responses
After Salem State University
- Very Good294
Love the feel of the university. Great Library! Make sure you get your clipper card and put some money on it. Wish I applied to this university first and sooner.
- 13 days ago
I like going to my school. It's fairly diverse and there's tons of things to do on campus, but I'm having trouble getting involved and therefore meeting new people. Otherwise I do pretty well in the classes, but I just want the full college experience. It would be better if I dormed, but commuting is the better option. If I could do it over, I think I would still chose my school
- College Sophomore
- 1 month ago
school has been okay. I see a lot of different people and it is very welcoming for the most part. The professors are nice and approachable. I do look forward to the upcoming college experience from there.
- College Freshman
- 1 month ago