Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeA-
Saint Louis University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AAA
Atlantic 10 Conference
Saint Louis University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.122 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.127 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.126 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management453Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science120Graduates
- Political Science and Government62Graduates
- Foundations of Education55Graduates
- Health Care Management54Graduates
- Occupational Therapy46Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.160 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.173 responses
After Saint Louis University
- Very Good754
It depends upon what you're looking for. There are no houses for fraternities and sororities. However, they do live in community in dorms and off campus apartments. Greeks enjoy going out, but during the week, things are pretty tame. Overall, Greek life is tame, most are focused on academics and partying is not as big or as comparable to Greek partying at public universities. Greeks do a great deal of service, and have fun events. There are very cool venues around the Saint Louis area, in midtown, and downtown!
- College Sophomore
- 7 months ago
The Jesuit values shine through. Service and being for others is an important characteristic of the school that distinguishes it. Most students are inclusive of diversity and are tolerant and the professors, althiugh not as liberal or diverse, tend to be accepting as well. Academics are acceptable, being best for premed or nursing, business, and aviation. Physics is a small part and is limited, but what is offered is fair. Work load is not extremely demanding, but it's not the easiest either. As for extras, there are plenty of ways for students to be involved in clubs or competitions.
- 2 months ago
I'm not deeply involved in student life. I live off campus now to save money and volunteer at hospitals not associated with the school because they have minimum requirements, but I love the campus and many of the teachers and staff! The staff is always willing to help you, they push you to not only know the answers but to understand and apply the concepts as well, and the school tries to give you a great well rounded education throughout your undergrad.
- College Sophomore
- Dec 9 2015