Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
Saginaw Valley State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Saginaw Valley State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Data not available
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.94 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.99 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.99 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Social Work and Youth Services125Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies94Graduates
- Elementary Education84Graduates
- Business Administration and Management80Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies79Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.101 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.122 responses
After Saginaw Valley State University
- Very Good527
So glad I chose SVSU. The professors are so helpful and want us to succeed!! I have taken advantage of tutoring sessions, I love my living situation, I am making a lot of new friends, I participate on the dance team, everything is what I hoped for here at SVSU.
- 12 days ago
The campus is very beautiful and the perfect size. It's not as small as a community college but not as large as other universities. It's just right for those looking to get away from home and learn to be independent. SVSU has a lot of opportunities to get involved but only if you choose to. No one will push you to do something you don't want to do because they want you to be your own person.
- 1 month ago
Saginaw Valley has a great selection of both students and professors, the atmosphere is both educational but casual enough for my peers and I to ask questions without fear. There are quite a few who are very, very passionate about the subject they teach that you can tell by the material they give out and the countless of ways they provide it by choosing to upload documents and website links that would further the student's interest and accommodate their learning preference. In general, the campus is very pleasing and the amount of choices they give for people on their breaks are also positives. I would choose this school because for what it's worth, the university offers me both an experience and the knowledge I need for life.
- College Junior
- 2 months ago