Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB
Rochester Institute of Technology is ...
Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association
Rochester Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.125 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.123 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.123 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Computational and Applied Mathematics175Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities175Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering166Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering Technician126Graduates
- Computer Science101Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering98Graduates
- Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Medicine75Graduates
- Computer Software Engineering70Graduates
- Information Technology66Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 58 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.143 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.179 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 51 responsesReport
After Rochester Institute of Technology
- Very Good807
R.I.T. has a beautiful, simplistic campus. It's almost like it's own little town, it has everything.
- 16 days ago
They do what they say they'll do which is educate you. People aren't accepting of the Deaf or HH students. Equally, the Deaf aren't as accepting of the Hearing students. Its not as diverse as it could be or as its recognized to be. There's a divide at RIT. Everyone makes it seem like if you go to any of the other 8 RIT colleges as opposed to the college for the deaf you're more advanced and smarter. Its all one school that just offers different sub-colleges (if you will) for different majors and degree types. The dorms on campus are greatish off campus like the RIT Inn, for example, I'd suggest you save your money or parent's money and get your own place. I have a lot of friends who stay there and/or have stayed there and I'm just lucky I got a dorm on campus. My friends pay WAY too much for what they go through there. Transportation is cool. They have buses that run for different dorm/apts that all go to campus and to shopping on the weekends. Campus dining is okay but I advise you to stay away from Gracie's unless you have no choice because you have meal options for a meal plan. Its like they put laxatives in their food. It makes you have to gooooo!!! Global Village is great for food and the commons if you don't feel like walking to GV. Professors are in between. Its hard to give a review on all of them because you get good ones that care and are passionate and then you get bad ones that don't care don't try to help you when you're stuck on their material and just plain seems like they're in it for the check. I've had a mix of teachers. All about how you approach it and react to it. There's a lot of help even when you Ade faces with those not so helpful professors as don't worry they have you covered. Socially, RIT is decent. They have tons of events going on continuously! Most of them give out free stuff. My whole RIT apparel has come from the giveaways....well .mostly lol. Take advantage of them!! Lastly, tons of sports! Especially the hockey team!!!
- College Junior
- 2 months ago
It's the perfect fit for me
- College Freshman
- 2 months ago