Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB
Rochester Institute of Technology is ...
Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association
Rochester Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.165 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.169 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.169 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Computational and Applied Mathematics175Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities175Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering166Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering Technician126Graduates
- Computer Science101Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering98Graduates
- Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Medicine75Graduates
- Computer Software Engineering70Graduates
- Information Technology66Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 92 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.178 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.219 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 96 responsesReport
After Rochester Institute of Technology
- Very Good826
Dorm can be little expensive since it's on campus and that it's close to classes than apartments, however it helps a lot if you pull nighter often due to studying or chatting with friends to catchup. The social atmosphere is great that you can meet people right there especially if they live same floor in dorm as you! The cost of RIT can be annoying because it's private university, but it's all worthy (depending on students. Some think it's too hard to attend classes, homesick out of state, etc). The housing process is little complex if you're not assigned yet before school starts, but once you're assigned, it's more likely you will be at dorm unless you apply for apartment. About apartments, there are more than 5 different apartments with different needs and costs but all are in close range with RIT that some students take biking or skateboard to arrive at RIT.
- College Sophomore
- 5 months ago
I absolutely love RIT. My professors are very knowledgeable and always willing to help. I can go to any faculty or staff member with a question and they will do their best to help me. The campus is beautiful and the student body is highly diverse, intelligent, and helpful. Everyone works together to help each other succeed in classes and it is very common to see upperclassmen helping underclassman with their work. I find RIT to be a very welcoming yet challenging university. There is a large workload but if you use your time and resources effectively, you will succeed. I am so happy I chose RIT!
- College Freshman
- 11 months ago
Like I said about RIT, there are great diversity students on and out campus, there always have people who don't take interest, but take the events that are sided with others. There are student involvements, fan support, school spirit, but its all depend on students. Time, workload, work, jobs, different interests, etc make RIT very unique because students interact and see different people at once at the same time in a place. To me, it helps me to increase the confidence to participate in events. No fun if you go alone!
- College Sophomore
- 5 months ago