Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA+
- Student LifeA+
Rice University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Rice University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.67 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.67 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.67 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology67Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science60Graduates
- Chemical Engineering59Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies56Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering56Graduates
- Mathematics & Statistics53Graduates
- Political Science and Government48Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.47 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.90 responses
After Rice University
- Very Good370
As a senior graduating this May, I could not be more satisfied with my experience at Rice. The small student population and the residential college system create a close-knit, family-like atmosphere, but because most students live on campus you still have the chance to meet new and interesting people every day. Overall, I would describe Rice as open-minded, quirky, competitive, supportive, intellectually stimulating, and fun. Due to its size, social structure, and focus on the undergraduate experience, Rice has many of the advantages of liberal arts colleges, but with the added benefits that come with its status as a top research university with resources and opportunities of much larger schools.
- 8 days ago
I love everything about this school. Everyone here is passionate about doing well but also invested in being genuinely kind and inclusive. There is an amazing mix of social and academic life; there are always events to go to on campus but people also take their studies seriously. Coming to Rice was the best decision I have ever made.
- 26 days ago
Rice has an amazing atmosphere in which you can grow as a person and learn from others, classes, and yourself. OR, you can hang in the same group of people, all the time, talking about the same things, all the time. Rice has the avenues for you to become an amazing life-learner. It's up to you to take those avenues.
- College Junior
- 3 months ago