Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeB+
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.61 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.61 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Mechanical Engineering169Graduates
- Computer Science101Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering84Graduates
- Business Administration and Management81Graduates
- Chemical Engineering74Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering72Graduates
- Aerospace Engineering70Graduates
- Civil Engineering60Graduates
- Industrial Engineering58Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.73 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.84 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 37 responsesReport
After Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Very Good305
For those looking to pursue careers in STEM, or looking to get a promising job in business/finance or accounting after college, RPI is definitely the way to go. There's always been a great sense of community on campus surrounding the Student Union and our hockey team which, when combined with the academic rigor and employment opportunities, make RPI a very unique place to go to college.
- 16 hours ago
There's no doubt that choosing RPI was one of the best decisions I could have ever made. There's a great balance between great academics and night-life as well as other opportunities such as research that make RPI a great school. As a freshman, I've already received interviews from very prominent companies for internships and have had the opportunity to work in a lab starting my first semester. The classes have been great so far and, mainly the only thing to watch out for I'd say is the cafeteria food which is pretty average. Besides that, I would even say I like Troy. There's a very unique atmosphere with neat little cafes and restaurants/other things to do on the weekends like the Farmer's Market. I honestly wasn't expecting as much going in, but you learn quickly what RPI has to offer.
- 16 hours ago
Great Campus and Tour. Generally very nice people. Amazing academics for a small school. Lots of internship opportunities and co-ops for engineering and computer science/It majors. Tour was very good.
- Niche User
- 25 days ago