Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA+
- Student LifeA
Purdue University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Big Ten Conference
Purdue University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.264 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.267 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.263 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management1,121Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering414Graduates
- Mathematics & Statistics248Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering202Graduates
- Industrial Engineering187Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering Technician170Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 152 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.321 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.376 responses
After Purdue University
- Very Good1645
Overall, my experience at this school has been great! The activities offered are all thought out and magnificent. The people here are so diverse, that I've met people from New Zealand, Iceland, China, Germany, Brazil, and England all without having to leave the state of Indiana. I wouldn't claim it to be the best only because of how some teachers go about teaching the students. All of the teachers are well-informed in their field, that is for sure. However, some of the teachers have no clue how to make sure the student learns the material effectively. I have been in a few classes here where the teacher just copies exactly off of the book. On the bright side, I've had more teachers who were grand teachers and I learned quite a bit from them.
- College Junior
- 4 months ago
Like any other Big Ten University, Purdue has a large selection of sports; football and Men's Basketball are the most dominant. The football team is not very strong, but students continue to support them. Tailgates and other traditions such as Breakfast Club are very popular activities that lead up to the games. When basketball season rolls around, students are beyond excited. Mackey Arena seems to be at maximum capacity at almost all the games. The student section is always hype and a good time. Boiler Up!
- College Freshman
- 7 months ago
I am indifferent to the greek system. Many people forget that there is a difference, but there shouldn't be, between social and professional greek life. The social greeks are incredibly difficult to get into and the pledge process has been heard of as very controversial at times. The professional greeks make leaps and bounds to help build your network and expand your skills. They are a real family!
- Recent Alumnus
- 4 months ago