Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC+
Prairie View A & M University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Southwestern Athletic Conference
Prairie View A & M University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.148 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.149 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.148 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies95Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness63Graduates
- Chemical Engineering60Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering49Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services49Graduates
- Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies48Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.179 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.203 responses
After Prairie View A & M University
- Very Good587
The security measures taken on campus by campus police, student housing and the university itself is not to be underestimated! Our safety is very secure on campus and i should know! I usually leave the Architecture building at 3 A.M sometimes working on a big project, and other than the cats there isn't anything moving on campus, and i ever feel unsafe as a female walking back late i can always rely on campus police to give me a lift home.
- College Senior
- 5 months ago
I love Prarire View A&M University! Every since day one, the students and the staff has kept me uplifted and excited to learn somthing new everyday. I've learned so much about my culture especially with this university being a HBCU. I'm so happy I chose Prairie View!
- 1 month ago
I absolutely love my University there is always different things to get involved in and if you need help with a subject there are tutors willing to help. The campus life is pretty good, the dorms are a nice size and the best part is you and your roommate share the bathroom in your room! Professors are mostly nice and are willing to help you during their office hours that are scheduled and want to see you succeed.
- College Freshman
- 11 months ago