Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB
Portland State University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Big Sky Conference
Portland State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.129 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.127 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.126 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities355Graduates
- Social Sciences289Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies196Graduates
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine165Graduates
- Business Administration and Management163Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.151 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.203 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 94 responsesReport
After Portland State University
- Very Good770
Portland State University provides the opportunity to receive an education while being involved in the urban core of the city. Though this campus doesn't offer the typical college experience, it is a great place for those wanting to incorporate being a student with a dynamic, urban lifestyle. Many students work or otherwise involved in the community, making this a unique place to learn and share experiences. At Portland State University was very positive. As a non-traditional student, I found the diversity of the student body to be both vibrant and welcoming. I enjoyed and learned a great deal from almost every one of my instructors. The University Studies program is innovative and makes the general education requirements more cohesive.
- Niche User
- 2 months ago
Most of my professors have been great, as have the classes! However, many of the professors seem to lack sensitivity training, and University Studies are absolutely useless to the students (nothing but a cash cow for the college).
- College Freshman
- 7 months ago
I love Portland State. I feel like it's been a great pick for me because I've had great experiences with classmates and professors. I'm not living on campus, so I haven't had the full college experience, but it's been great either way. I love it!
- College Sophomore
- 4 months ago