Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB-
Our Lady of the Lake University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NAIA Division I
Red River Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.44 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.45 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.45 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management42Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services40Graduates
- Communication Disorders35Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies21Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies16Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science15Graduates
- Early Childhood Education14Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.51 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.65 responses
After Our Lady of the Lake University
- Very Good237
As an undergraduate there is no criteria or anything special you have to do to get into your desired major. However, once you start to apply for the masters or graduate program is where you'll run into hardship. It is extremely competitive, because we are one of the most coveted schools for majors like Social Work, Communication Disorders, and Biology. You must maintain an almost perfect GPA, have been involved in campus for a long time, and be in great standings with past professors. Start talking to the admissions counselors early!
- College Freshman
- Mar 6 2014
Amazing Instructors – My biology professors continue to amaze me. Throughout all their work load they still take the time to answer and work with any student that comes to them for help or advice. The one on one relationship that is build between you and the professors is very cherishable and appreciated. They really do care about your success and best of all they listen, they take into account the difficulties that you may be encountering and strive to get you to succeed knowing and working through all the things that may be occurring in your life. In addition to wonderful professors, they are great mentors!
- College Junior
- July 19 2012
Ironically, I never really pictured myself attending OLLU but I am extremely glad that I am! The teachers are amazing! They want their students to succeed! Campus is the perfect size! It's not too big or too small; it maybe takes 10 minutes to get across campus. Homework is what it is, depending on the class some classes take more time than others, but it is really worth it to do the homework so you can master the skills needed for each section. I really like to study in the library, but you can find places all around campus to sit and study, for example main has several different commons, and you can always find an empty classroom if you need it.
- College Sophomore
- Oct 3 2013