Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeA-
Ouachita Baptist University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Baptist
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great American Conference
Ouachita Baptist University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Data not available
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.25 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.27 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.27 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Theological and Ministerial Studies22Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness19Graduates
- Early Childhood Education18Graduates
- Communication Disorders17Graduates
- Music History and Literature15Graduates
- Business Administration and Management12Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.36 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.35 responses
After Ouachita Baptist University
- Very Good170
Ouachita is the best college ever! It is a great school academically, great sports programs, and everyone know and cares about one another. It is like a family, it really is a home away from home. It is located in a small town but the campus itself gives you a lot of opportunities to get out and do stuff! It is also located next to a lake and in the natural state of Arkansas so there is a lot of great things to do outside! Your professors really care about you and they know everyone by name and will do everything possible to watch you succeed. The people here really genuinely care about you, you get a great liberal arts christian education here.
- 2 months ago
Because the smaller size of the university, people are very comfortable dressing super casual every day. However, there are probably a third of the students that dress fairly nice daily. Social life is great, also due to the size of the school, everyone knows everyone! This can also be a problem though when it comes to dating relationships, even if it's just casual people talk and before 24 hours, everyone knows you went on a date with someone. Aside from the quick turn around on gossip, this campus rocks socially.
- College Sophomore
- Nov 25 2013
At Ouachita Baptist University the education and academia, especially in Christians Studies, is phenomenal! The academia balances actually useful core classes with classes in Christian Studies that apply to where you want to be. The professors are more than willing to work with you, they almost always suggest useful events and internships that are applicable, and are very challenging, both personally and intellectually.
- College Sophomore
- Sep 29 2013