Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
Old Dominion University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Old Dominion University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.251 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.258 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.258 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Mental and Social Health Services253Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities229Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching214Graduates
- Rhetoric and Composition195Graduates
- Business Administration and Management169Graduates
- Engineering Technology162Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.304 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.366 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 199 responsesReport
After Old Dominion University
- Very Good1201
Although this school wasn't my first choice, I fell in love with the environment, the people, and the opportunities they give us. I don't think I would see myself anywhere else. The only problem I have is that they don't cancel school as a whole when the roads are flooded and I am a commuter so it's very dangerous for me to get to and from school.
- 2 days ago
Overall, I think Old Dominion university is a well balanced school even though ratings do not appear to be so. I feel that this school really excels in diversity and it is a great campus to be on.
- 5 days ago
Being a Freshman at Old Dominion University taught me how to figure out things on your own. It has been different but exciting adventure. I enjoy my roommates and my hall mates. I have met new people here at Old Dominion University. I am in a learning community so, I learn more about my major. It has been great because as a class we work out at the gym together. The learning experience is a bit different than it was in high school. Here, you pay for school, so you have to do well and study. A lot of graduated high schoolers tend to slack on studying and it is harder for them to catch up on things because of the lack of studying. You just have to push hard and try your best. That is my motto.
- 5 days ago