Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC-
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB-
Oklahoma Baptist University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Baptist
NAIA Division I
Great American Conference
Oklahoma Baptist University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.28 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.28 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Physical Therapy33Graduates
- Theological and Ministerial Studies25Graduates
- Elementary Education23Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities21Graduates
- Biblical Studies20Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science16Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies13Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.48 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.55 responses
After Oklahoma Baptist University
- Very Good229
OBU is good school. They have issue with using religion as an excuse not to explore some things in education. The community is great. The professors are all so caring and encouraging.
- 18 days ago
Where to start: mediocre facilities for science students, exclusive, unsafe, lackluster athletics, Greeks, incredibly restrictive campus life. If you are a student athlete attempting a science degree, run far away from this campus. With a graduation rate of nearly one half, it is safe to say you are wasting your time here; most athletes will transfer by their second year anyway. Non-athletes will usually transfer because this campus has literally nothing to do. The city of Shawnee is a hotbed of crime with little to no commerce. In my first year, an armed suspect of literal grand theft auto attempted to hide out on our intramural fields. Academic rigor for the sciences is ridiculous. It's a common joke that this place is essentially Baylor University, minus the brand recognition. The instructing is terrible, so expect to learn everything from reading your textbooks. Most of the science department's staff is foreign, so if accents are difficult for you, stay well away.
- 23 days ago
The small campus and the professors make OBU unique because they really want to be there for you and help you succeed.
- College Junior
- 3 months ago