Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA+
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA+
Ohio University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Ohio University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.201 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.205 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.205 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities385Graduates
- Business Administration and Management275Graduates
- Health Care Management174Graduates
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication162Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 157 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.279 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.330 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 161 responsesReport
After Ohio University
- Very Good1191
It's a very fun school. It's easy for you to "choose your crowd." There are people who go out, people who stay in, and people who do both. It's definitely not a huge party school. The academics are challenging but you're still able to stay afloat. The campus is also beautiful, especially in the Fall.
- 17 hours ago
It was great, because everyone was extremely welcoming and friendly. I was surprised at the walkability and close proximities of each facility and class rooms. The visit was spectacular, I wouldnt change any aspect of the campus. I loved it.
- Niche User
- 11 days ago
Mostly good, the people in HTC can be a little weird but the classes are really good. I really like the teachers, they seem incredibly smart, and they're usually not ones to look down on you. The town gets a little creepy at night, so I don't go out much, and I'm not sure of the tolerance level here yet, but overall it seems pretty good.
- 15 days ago