Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB-
Oglethorpe University is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Southern Athletic Association
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.42 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.37 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.37 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management23Graduates
- Rhetoric and Composition21Graduates
- Political Science and Government10Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies8Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities7Graduates
- Drama and Theatre Production6Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.45 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.52 responses
After Oglethorpe University
- Very Good162
Oglethorpe is great! There are small class sizes with professors and faculty that are qualified and who truly care. At Oglethorpe, the students' voices are heard, it's safe, it's easy to make friends, and there's ALWAYS an opportunity for fun or free food. The academic experience is also out of this world, if you love your major you'll be in class with other people that love the same major...And if you don't know what major to pick, there's lots of people to help you figure it out! Networking is a big deal as well, and there are countless opportunities basically just thrown in your face, whether it's an internship or study abroad, or a job after graduation. It's expensive, but when you consider the top-tier resources inside the classroom and out, the plethora of student activities throughout the semester, and cafeteria food that actually tastes good.. it's worth it. Plus the campus is gorgeous! Many movies were filmed there. That being said, the wi-fi sucks. They're trying though.
- 3 months ago
Although we are in the south Georgia gets more east coast weather than "Dirty South" weather. Being from Alabama I am used to sweltering summers and frigid winters, however Georgia has less humid summers, more wind, more sun, and it gets kind of chilly for someone who is used to the heat until November or even December. It didn't take long to adapt and going home to winter over the holiday break was easy. The weather doesn't affect my campus experience, it can't because not going to class isn't an option! It's bearable but bring winter clothes and summer clothes because you never know what the temperature will be despite the season.
- College Freshman
- Jan 14 2014
Academics are very on point for the most part. Oglethorpe has absolutely NO teaching assistants, which is excellent! You will get one-on-one interaction with professors in every class. Some processors are not as good as others, but they will ask a lot from you. You have to study very hard for most classes. Also, reading and writing is huge here. For Core be prepared to read about 10 books for your first year and write a paper for each (varies by professor). All classes I have taken (expect for math, on the whole) have had reading and writing components. The curriculum is very interlaced.
- College Freshman
- May 27 2013