Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB-
Oglethorpe University is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Southern Athletic Association
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.42 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.37 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.37 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management23Graduates
- Rhetoric and Composition21Graduates
- Political Science and Government10Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies8Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities7Graduates
- Drama and Theatre Production6Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.45 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.52 responses
After Oglethorpe University
- Very Good162
Oglethorpe is great! There are small class sizes with professors and faculty that are qualified and who truly care. At Oglethorpe, the students' voices are heard, it's safe, it's easy to make friends, and there's ALWAYS an opportunity for fun or free food. The academic experience is also out of this world, if you love your major you'll be in class with other people that love the same major...And if you don't know what major to pick, there's lots of people to help you figure it out! Networking is a big deal as well, and there are countless opportunities basically just thrown in your face, whether it's an internship or study abroad, or a job after graduation. It's expensive, but when you consider the top-tier resources inside the classroom and out, the plethora of student activities throughout the semester, and cafeteria food that actually tastes good.. it's worth it. Plus the campus is gorgeous! Many movies were filmed there. That being said, the wi-fi sucks. They're trying though.
- 3 months ago
Oglethorpe is a fairly small college, not to mention a private school, so it's completely possible for the individual to flourish here. Foreign students are fairly common, and even the domestic students come from a wide variety of backgrounds, so viewpoints in every class are usually well-mixed. And I might be a bit biased due to membership, but the performing choir is amazing!
- College Freshman
- Nov 17 2015
The topic of sports is always prevalent within campus life at my college. There are many sports for the athletic and non-athletic to participate in. A lot of students and people from the community attend many games. For sure, basketball is the most attended sport event. It gets pretty loud in the gym. The sport of quidditch from Harry Potter is played on campus grounds every year. This is because Oglethorpe University has beautiful gothic architecture that resembles the school Harry Potter attended himself. Overall, you will always find athletics to take part in no matter your skill level.
- College Freshman
- 5 months ago