Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodC-
- Student LifeB+
Oglethorpe University is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Southern Athletic Association
Oglethorpe University Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.30 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.25 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.25 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management23Graduates
- Rhetoric and Composition21Graduates
- Political Science and Government10Graduates
- International Relations and National Security Studies8Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities7Graduates
- Drama and Theatre Production6Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.35 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.41 responses
After Oglethorpe University
- Very Good162
Oglethorpe is great! There are small class sizes with professors and faculty that are qualified and who truly care. At Oglethorpe, the students' voices are heard, it's safe, it's easy to make friends, and there's ALWAYS an opportunity for fun or free food. The academic experience is also out of this world, if you love your major you'll be in class with other people that love the same major...And if you don't know what major to pick, there's lots of people to help you figure it out! Networking is a big deal as well, and there are countless opportunities basically just thrown in your face, whether it's an internship or study abroad, or a job after graduation. It's expensive, but when you consider the top-tier resources inside the classroom and out, the plethora of student activities throughout the semester, and cafeteria food that actually tastes good.. it's worth it. Plus the campus is gorgeous! Many movies were filmed there. That being said, the wi-fi sucks. They're trying though.
- 18 days ago
The environment of the school is great. The campus is beautiful and it isn't too big or too small. My professors are all fun and easy to understand; they make getting a degree exciting and not as bad as other people say it is. I am looking forward to call this place home for the next few years.
- College Freshman
- 1 month ago
Professors and students are helpful and friendly. Beautiful campus and located in a great, urban location.
- College Junior
- 1 month ago