Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC-
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeC+
Oakwood University is ...
Private not-for-profit, HBCU, Adventist
Data not available
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.69 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.71 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.71 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities30Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services27Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies21Graduates
- Non-Profit and Public Management20Graduates
- Theological and Ministerial Studies18Graduates
- Health Care Management13Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.57 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.96 responses
After Oakwood University
- Very Good364
Oakwood University is a Historically Black College/University. Ever since I began attending I immediately felt at home. Oakwood University is a safe and loving environment and I've learned a lot since I've furthered my education. I am a Christian and the spiritual atmosphere at Oakwood University is absolutely life changing. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a student at Oakwood University and I would strongly recommend it to anyone else looking to grow academically, mentally, emotionally, and physically.
- 19 days ago
I love my school. I feel so welcomed and I feel like I could go to anyone and ask for help. I love that !
- College Student
- 1 month ago
Oakwood University produces many great young people. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the school and the professors and students are very unique. I appreciate the friendships that I have made and the help that I have received from the professors and advisors. I wouldn't choose another school because Oakwood is where I need to be. The Adventist atmosphere is good for me and will not only help me thrive academically but also spiritually.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago