Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC-
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC
Oakwood University is ...
Private not-for-profit, HBCU, Adventist
Data not available
Oakwood University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.93 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.92 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.92 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities30Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services27Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies21Graduates
- Non-Profit and Public Management20Graduates
- Theological and Ministerial Studies18Graduates
- Health Care Management13Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.78 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.118 responses
After Oakwood University
- Very Good364
Oakwood University is a Historically Black College/University. Ever since I began attending I immediately felt at home. Oakwood University is a safe and loving environment and I've learned a lot since I've furthered my education. I am a Christian and the spiritual atmosphere at Oakwood University is absolutely life changing. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a student at Oakwood University and I would strongly recommend it to anyone else looking to grow academically, mentally, emotionally, and physically.
- 1 month ago
I love my school. I feel so welcomed and I feel like I could go to anyone and ask for help. I love that !
- College Student
- 2 months ago
Oakwood University produces many great young people. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the school and the professors and students are very unique. I appreciate the friendships that I have made and the help that I have received from the professors and advisors. I wouldn't choose another school because Oakwood is where I need to be. The Adventist atmosphere is good for me and will not only help me thrive academically but also spiritually.
- College Sophomore
- 3 months ago