Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB
Northwest Nazarene University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Evangelical
NCAA Division II (without football)
Great Northwest Athletic Conference
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.28 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.27 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.26 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management42Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities25Graduates
- Religious Studies21Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services21Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management16Graduates
- Elementary Education14Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.24 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.33 responses
After Northwest Nazarene University
- Very Good248
While it's luster has worn off as I've deepened by education here, NNU is still one great school. The small, Christ-centered community has helped me in many ways, from finding employment in my field to getting help with classes to getting connected with the Nampa and Treasure Valley community as a whole. It's not a school for everyone, as it's generally pretty "tame." Also, Idaho winters suck unless there's snow on the ground. But I am privileged to be able to do my undergrad at this institution, and it is also up for consideration for continuing my Master's at.
- College Senior
- 13 days ago
The community at NNU is the greatest and one of the most supportive communities I've ever been apart of. I love that I can be in a community that not only is supportive in every way I need academically but also socially and spiritually. Between all the student life events, living on campus, and the students that make NNU the place that it is I couldn't have chosen a better school for me. The smaller community and class sizes allow for so many different opportunities to work hands on with professors whether it is in understanding a class or working on a research project with them. The campus life is so great and a positive community to live among. Also NNU being a Christ Centered community makes the experience of being a student here even better. I am given opportunities to grow and learn in my walk with God while being supported by a lot of my peers.
- College Junior
- 16 days ago
There is a tight knit community here at NNU. I love the relationships professors make readily available to all students. Everyone has a place.
- College Junior
- 18 days ago