Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeA
Northwest Missouri State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association
Northwest Missouri State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.73 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.72 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.72 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Elementary Education105Graduates
- Business Administration and Management100Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies54Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities48Graduates
- Agricultural Business44Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.75 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.102 responses
After Northwest Missouri State University
- Very Good362
I love the feel of the campus. I don't get very homesick because I feel right at home here. Whether you go to a hypnotist show, a football game, or just go to the cafeteria, everyone is very welcoming and you get a strong connection to the town. The football games are so high energy and definitely worth going to. The campus isn't too big that it's a huge hassle to get from one side of campus to the other.
- 7 days ago
I love the atmosphere of the campus. When I came to campus for the first time I loved it and I knew that was where I was going to go. The only thing I would change is the parking lots and how there is not enough parking for both commuter and resident students.
- 12 days ago
I lived on campus my first two years of going to Northwest and the dorms and apartments are all very nice. The classes are super close which is nice since it is usually cold and windy there. Now since they have opened the new campus in Gladstone, I am attending that campus and doing online classes and the professors work really well with my work schedule and make the deadlines reasonable and are always on their emails ready to help. The things I did not like about Maryville was that it was always cold and it is such a small town I got bored. I loved everything about the campus and classes though.
- 12 days ago