Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
Northern Kentucky University is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Northern Kentucky University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.98 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.98 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.98 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Organizational Behavior Studies176Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services91Graduates
- Information Technology84Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies82Graduates
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician72Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.133 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.160 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 64 responsesReport
After Northern Kentucky University
- Very Good599
For the duration that I have been at Northern Kentucky University, I can say that I made the right college choice. The amount of diversity of academics and the intellect of the professors there are out of this world. Currently, I am majoring in journalism inside the building called griffin hall, aka the College of Informatics. I have never seen a building as dedicated and institutionalized to its specific majors as much as that one. Overall, everything there is enjoyable. If it would be one thing that I would change it would be the tuition. Currently to live in Hamilton county, Ohio, it costs double the amount if you lived in Kentucky which I just don't understand. But I still do not regret going to NKU.
- 3 days ago
As a freshman, I have never felt so welcomed to a school. Everyone is very nice and always willing to help me out. This is great since I am a commuter student. There is always something to get involved in as a commuter student. The professors are great and the campus is beautiful.
- 4 days ago
Honestly I love NKU. It is such a diverse scene compared to how my highschool was. Everyone is so opening and welcome. I feel as if all the professors are great and actually care about the students. Also, the partying is not too bad. It is cool that the fraternities rent out places so that it is a welcome atmosphere for all students. The food is good; a few more places would be nice but it is not terrible right now. There are always activities happening which is great and makes it super easy to get involved
- 14 days ago