Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB+
Northern Arizona University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Big Sky Conference
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.201 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.209 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.207 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities609Graduates
- Business Administration and Management292Graduates
- Elementary Education274Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management250Graduates
- Special Education and Teaching194Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 93 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.295 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.344 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 92 responsesReport
After Northern Arizona University
- Very Good1768
Northern Arizona University is home to some of the most kind and welcoming students and staff ever seen on a college campus. Every professor is extremely experienced and has a plethora of actual career advice to offer. The environment surrounding campus is as beautiful and peaceful as it can possibly get. NAU offers so many opportunities for students to relax, de-stress and make connections with others. I cannot begin to imagine attending a different University. Entering the NAU campus is like entering your own private world, separate from everything else.
- 12 days ago
I have mixed feelings about my time here. I enjoyed my stay, however the school's resources for multiple departments are entirely disorganized and rude. I had several advisement appointments and only once did I leave with a sense of relief. There is very little communication within the workings of this university, and often times its students suffer because of it. I have decided to follow a different path at a different college due in part to these problems, and have found more happiness than at NAU.
- 12 days ago
Great experience as a freshman! The campus is beautiful and there is lots to do on campus and nearby for a wide diversity of interests.
- 17 days ago