Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA
North Dakota State University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Missouri Valley Conference
North Dakota State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.67 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.70 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.69 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences150Graduates
- Human Development125Graduates
- Business Administration and Management101Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering95Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering89Graduates
- Civil Engineering86Graduates
- Zoology and Entomology77Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.80 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.99 responses
After North Dakota State University
- Very Good421
Spent 3 years at NDSU for my first degree. Wonderful campus. Safe. So many opportunities to get involved.
- 11 days ago
Its a good school, but its got its ghosts. Academics are good, but could but the flaws could be ironed out. There are a lot of people from different cultural backgrounds here. The athletics are mostly angled toward American Football and less toward other sports. Some of the professors are quite good, but some of them can be real pains. The dorms are small and only one Hall has air conditioning. Safety could be worked upon because of how many times the police have been called. I would not put anymore money into NDSU than I have too. The campus is large and spread out, but its well taken care of. The party scene is wild and unchecked. The local area has a lot of violence, but is okay. Campus food is fine, but can be cold or tasteless. Student life is whatever you make of it.
- 15 days ago
There was a lot of great things at ndsu. There is a lot of great people and they are super friendly. I would like to see some newer building and newer equipment.
- 27 days ago