Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA
North Carolina State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Atlantic Coast Conference
North Carolina State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.174 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.173 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.172 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management579Graduates
- Textile and Plastics Engineering224Graduates
- Animal Sciences and Husbandry195Graduates
- Agricultural Business185Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering176Graduates
- Chemical Engineering175Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering173Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.208 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.262 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 128 responsesReport
After North Carolina State University
- Very Good1165
Great experience. I wouldn't change anything. There is so much to do and get involved with. The people are great and the teachers really care about your success.
- 3 days ago
I really enjoyed my time at NC State University. The renovation of the Atrium, Talley Student Union, and the addition of Hunt Library were great additions to the school and have been gaining the University national recognition. I would like to see more of an effort to cultivate the Wolfpack community. As a recent alum who is still living in Raleigh, I would like to feel more connected to the school and community in ways other than the school calling asking me to make a donation.
- 5 days ago
I heard that college would be hard, stressful, scary, and just no fun. I have to say that they were completely wrong. Yes, college is tough, the work load is so much greater than that of a high school course but it is so very different. I have the freedom to choose when to study, when to relax, when to what ever it is I get a whim to do. I have made so many new friends that have similar goals and aspirations as I and it has really helped to keep me motivated. The campus is absolutely beautiful, the huge oak trees everywhere and everything covered in red brick. Nothing could be finer than getting an amazing education from a wonderful university filled with great people. I know that the years I spend here will be some of my fondest memories for years to come.
- 14 days ago