Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
North Carolina Central University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
North Carolina Central University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.72 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.71 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.71 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Family Studies and Consumer Sciences129Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies128Graduates
- Business Administration and Management109Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness49Graduates
- Public Health Education46Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services45Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.94 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.110 responses
After North Carolina Central University
- Very Good270
Here at North Carolina Central is a great school to me. The diversity and leadership that is held here is informative because it gives me more opportunities to explore in the career field I would like to pursue , which is Business Administration with a minor in Finance. This schools shows truth and service for us students here to be actively , well rounded to our community. I'm a well-rounded , self sufficient student here at North Carolina Central University who would like to further my education , get my degree but also be acknowledge for my achievements at the end . Failure is not an option to me , so in order for me to succeed I would have to be dedicate, strong will and overcome any challenges that might come my way here at North Carolina Central University.
- 25 days ago
I love my HBCU! NCCU is a great school. A lot of the reviews here are very negative, but I promise it is a great institution. The professors are great, and the overall atmosphere is enjoyable. I would choose it all over again. We are a very traditional and respectable school.
- College Freshman
- 3 months ago
My HBCU has introduced me to a very different atmosphere than back home in D.C. I love the many ethnic backgrounds the university posess. My instructors were all easy to communicate with during my first semester of North Carolina Central University. My overall favorite wuality of this University is the family-oriented attitudes display through both the scholars and instructors. I absolutely love my HBCU!
- College Freshman
- 11 months ago