Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC-
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC+
New York Institute of Technology is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
East Coast Conference
New York Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.41 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.43 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.43 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering129Graduates
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication93Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies78Graduates
- Architectural Engineering Technician57Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering49Graduates
- Health Care47Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities38Graduates
- Hotel and Resort Management31Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.43 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.46 responses
After New York Institute of Technology
- Very Good180
I have met several different fraternity and sorority members. I have joined a fraternity whose members are a lot of other architect students and, therefore, we have the opportunity to seek help from the upper classmen/fraternity brothers, with our projects. It appears to me, only going into my sophomore year, that the Greek life on my campus appear to be mature leaders, helpful and thoughtful individuals who are always looking for ways to pay it forward.
- College Sophomore
- 4 months ago
This university has failed to help place me in an internship program within my area of study. Considering the amount of money I pay for tuition, this university should at least be helpful in preparation for my future career. I had to reach out to a development program outside of school for guidance and help. Also, the fact that there aren't enough professors at the Manhattan campus is absolutely ridiculous; the school of management is an absolute joke.
- College Senior
- 3 months ago
My program, Comm Arts, needs some serious work. Dena cannot be the only dean, she is rude and does not care about her job. She claims she is "too busy" for everything and then throws you out of her office. I hate when i need to have a document signed by her! There needs to be another person for the Comm Arts dept.
- College Junior
- 10 months ago