Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC+
New Jersey Institute of Technology is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Atlantic Sun Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.68 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.70 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.69 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Engineering Design185Graduates
- Information Technology130Graduates
- Civil Engineering124Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering124Graduates
- Business Administration and Management87Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering77Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies73Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering63Graduates
- Chemical Engineering62Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.92 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.100 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 59 responsesReport
After New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Very Good284
I am currently a student-athlete and athletics offer many perks as well as responsibilities. As an athlete you get priority scheduling before all other students which is a nice perk. There are also varsity athlete- only weight rooms. With that being said there are still many areas for those not on varsity teams to work out. A brand new $100 million dollar athletic center will be completed in the fall of 2017! Also being a student-athlete comes with more academic meetings and mandatory study hall hours, but it offers more advising to help you stay on track and offer opportunities.
- College Sophomore
- 4 months ago
I truly appreciate how the classes are small at NJIT, and how most of the teachers have office hours. Office hours are very helpful towards students in order to help them learn the information better. I also appreciate the cost of the tuition at NJIT, considering that the school gives good financial aid. I think that the campus life can be greatly improved, because many students here are commuters. This means that during the weekends at NJIT, there are not too many students on campus. There is also not many activities at NJIT to do, so it is hard for students to find leisure activities. I think that leisure activities help students emotionally, which is crucial to succeeding within academics.
- 9 days ago
Greek Life at NJIT is actually fantastic. I am not interested in joining for personal reasons, but I have lots of friends who are part of Greek Life and they are probably the best kind of people. Each Greek organization is focused on serving their philanthropy, their communities, and their brothers/sisters across the nation. NJIT is far from a "party-school," with a few exceptions, because the fraternities and sororities here render themselves morally, diplomatically, and respectfully. I truly feel that NJIT Greek Life brings out the true meaning of being in a Fraternity or Sorority.
- College Junior
- 9 months ago