Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeC-
Mount Ida College is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Great Northeast Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.20 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.19 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.19 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Funeral Service and Mortuary Science112Graduates
- Dental Hygiene51Graduates
- Business Administration and Management43Graduates
- Veterinary Technician and Assistant38Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies19Graduates
- Animation, Video Graphics and Special Effects16Graduates
- Fashion and Apparel Design14Graduates
- Fashion and Apparel Merchandising14Graduates
- Early Childhood Education13Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.24 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.23 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 17 responsesReport
After Mount Ida College
- Very Good80
Suberb Ethnisity and City Cuisine – Newton, where Mount Ida College is a close suburb of Boston MA. In Newton alone there are different ethnic food places to eat as well as your American food restaurants. Newton has a direct T Stop that goes straight into Boston where your taste buds can be pleased at any type of restaurant or hot dog stand. Boston is a college, young, and exciting city, restaurants thrive of college students and deals being promoted for drinks. The Greatest Bar has great food as well as three floors of different excitement on each floor. Any Boston Red Sox fan can catch themselves at Remy's Bar and Grill to watch the games right on the Boston Harbor. Craving late night Chinese? Go to the Red Latern and order your meal on your own iPad that they provide! Near Mount Ida of 10 miles down the road no college student goes hungry!
- College Senior
- June 28 2012
Great College – I've always wanted to attend Mt Ida and I'm so happy I chose to come here. The dorms can get a little crazy/loud at night because some people are disrespectful of others, which makes it hard to study or sleep but the RA's do a pretty good job of keeping pple under control.The profs are really cool and most of them treat their students like adults.The Bursarr's office is a nightmare! If you ever have questions about your acct forget calling them cause they dont answer their phones. The financial aid process can be really confusing but their office is really nice especially the secretary. She always goes above and beyond to help even when its something to do with the Bursarr. The cafe food isnt the greatest - really processed but what do you expect. Mt Ida is in a great location & the campus is beautiful!
- College Sophomore
- Mar 7 2012
I understand that the school and campus security is trying to keep us safe but sometimes they are way to overbearing when it has to do with allowing visitors, parking, and noise control. Visitors are only allowed to be checked in within a small span of hrs during the weekdays and only a few times a month. Under certain circumstances they may take away guest privelegs totally. Also, with all these people stuck in little dorm rooms of course it will get noisy, so a lot of people get in trouble for being "too loud". You really have to watch your rooms noise level or else they will find you fast!
- College Freshman
- Nov 26 2012