Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB-
Montclair State University is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
New Jersey Athletic Conference
Montclair State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Data not available
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.192 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.187 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.188 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management460Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities238Graduates
- Family Studies and Consumer Sciences208Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services171Graduates
- Food and Nutrition Studies152Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.209 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.241 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 127 responsesReport
After Montclair State University
- Very Good841
Montclair State University is primarily known for its diverse Art School (hundreds of majors and minors) and for its School of Business. Food here isn't too great, and I recommend commuting if you live close. Currently I live in Freeman Hall, and wifi here isn't too great, and there's no air conditioning here. Professors are very engaging so far, and they are extremely passionate in what they do. I am a BFA Animation/Illustration major, so far it's going great.
- 17 hours ago
Here at Montclair, I have an amazing time . The academics are out of this world. There is so much to do on campus it is amazing . I am currently a freshman and a commuter. Even though i commute every day there are still things to do on campus. Our professors here are just wonderful they get everything they need to get done. They are cool and fun but also serious at the same time.
- 4 days ago
MSU has an amazing environment. You always feel accepted and even as a commuter, it's never a hassle to get involved. There's a place for everyone.
- 15 days ago