Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeC+
Montana Tech of the University of Montana is ...
NAIA Division I
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.29 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.29 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.29 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Petroleum Engineering65Graduates
- Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene22Graduates
- Mining and Mineral Engineering21Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering14Graduates
- Environmental Engineering13Graduates
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications8Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say they don't have Greek life.36 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.42 responses
After Montana Tech of the University of Montana
- Very Good157
If I could do it all over again I wouldn't go to a different school. Academics wise it was a good fit for me and when it comes down to it I have met so many people that have impacted my life in such great ways. There are the few that make dumb choices but overall I have had some good times. Between swing dancing, skiing, friends, and campus activities, there is rarely a dull day.
- College Sophomore
- 5 months ago
The academics are some of the best I've ever seen. Very knowledgeable professors, great curriculum, expedient registration, and plenty of study areas. The only downside is that there is typically a huge workload.
- College Freshman
- 8 months ago
This school takes top students from all over. The school has a high drop out rate, I believe, because it is a difficult school. But, if you graduate from Montana Tech, you are most certain to be able to get a job. Classes are difficult, but the professors are very knowledgeable and care about the students.
- College Freshman
- 7 months ago