Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA
Mississippi State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Mississippi State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.125 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.124 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.124 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science275Graduates
- Business Administration and Management221Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities196Graduates
- Elementary Education143Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering116Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.143 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.172 responses
After Mississippi State University
- Very Good684
I love the smallness of Mississippi State University. I get the Division I University experience on a close knit campus. Starkville is also a great town. Just big enough to have everything I need, but still small enough for me to feel safe.
- 7 days ago
So far my experience at Mississippi State University has been great. Professors really work with their students if the help is needed. They are trying to help you earn your degree not deter you from it. Also, the athletic department wants their students athletes to earn their degree too. That is the primary goal: to earn your degree and become a better athlete than what you came in as.
- 10 days ago
I love this campus. Its nice and clean and their school spirit is awesome. Going to a football or baseball game is probably my favorite thing to do. The food is good and they have a large variety. The dorms are alright depending what hall you end up in. Of course, if you end up in the newer ones they are nicer. The people are friendly and willing to help new students.
- Niche User
- 26 days ago