Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeC+
Minot State University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference
Minot State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.20 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.21 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.21 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Social Work and Youth Services68Graduates
- Business Administration and Management62Graduates
- Elementary Education52Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies32Graduates
- International Business28Graduates
- Special Education and Teaching23Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.26 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.34 responses
After Minot State University
- Very Good113
The sports teams are always encouraging the fans to come out to support the teams. I always have fun at the homecoming football games tailgating party that consists of grilling hamburgers and socializing before the game. The teams always work together in wins and losses. At all games but I've noticed especially at the football games, fans are always in red and green!
- College Freshman
- Apr 30 2013
I think the athletics are doing just fine because its a less populated place compare to other city. Students are involve but I think few are mainly require from international students, which could have be of benefit to the school, however it is understandable due to regulation. Nevertheless, the athletic facilities are very updated and the wellness center its very passionate about their activities. The gym is perfect for Olympic which is my most favorite of probably i because i like it the most and as a two time gold medal in indoor rowing, I also appreciate the initiative of adding indoor rowing to the facilities.
- Recent Alumnus
- 10 months ago
Pretty Good – There are several options as far as food goes. The Beaver Creek has a salad/soup bar, a pizza area, a pasta/stir fry area, and then an a area that has a different meal every day. There is also a dessert bar! As far as beverages, there is milk, soda, and juice of different sorts. In the Beaver Dam, there is a wrap/sandwich area where you can use your meal plan. There is an cafeteria downstairs that has AWESOME flatbread pizza!
- College Freshman
- Apr 12 2012