Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB+
Middle Tennessee State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.175 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.175 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.174 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities571Graduates
- Music Management217Graduates
- Business Administration and Management183Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration154Graduates
- Aeronautics and Aviation Technology121Graduates
- Teacher Education for Multiple Levels120Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 112 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.218 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.264 responses
After Middle Tennessee State University
- Very Good1030
The facilities are definitely getting better at MTSU. A lot of nice/interesting things have come to be since I started here. A lot of the original buildings are still in there original state. For some, the appearance is not aesthetically pleasing, but some are alright. When I was freshman, the area around my dorm (Corlew) was all construction for the whole year. Now, they've finished it and there are nice looking roads and such there now. The Student Union opened last year, and it is very nice. There's even a sit-in restaurant in there. The new (3rd) science building is in the works, and it looks quite spiffy and I'm actually looking forward to seeing the finished product. We've also had 2 parking garages added this year, and those have helped tremendously. Parking was a nightmare at MT. The library is large and very nice. The built-in Starbucks is great for those late night study sessions. The football field is nice. It's no UT, but I actually like it better because it's not so overwhelming. Football games are fun all the same!
- College Junior
- Oct 20 2013
Being a current freshman at MTSU, I can say that I am developing well into the school. The college experience for me is coming to life as I meet new people, expand my knowledge and learn the next phases of the world and their meanings. As I work to pursue my dreams, I plan to take the full advantage of every opportunity given to me at hand. My education is key to my future, so it is key that success is not only for me but those under who look to me as a positive and great role model. It feels great being looked up to from others than yourself. I have come to far to give up now and have no intentions to. I Am True Blue!
- 1 month ago
I transferred to mtsu after going to the university of memphis. I went to Memphis and started the nursing program to quickly have to leave. I went to the financial office many times and did not have any help. I was heart broken when I had to come home. I quickly found mtsu, which is more affordable and more thorough than any other school I've even called on the phone. We have the largest campus in my state and it is gorgeous to walk around! If I had to do it all over again the only thing I would change is the time that I applied. I would've immediately applied and went straight to mtsu!
- College Sophomore
- Oct 23 2015