Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB+
Michigan Technological University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Michigan Technological University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.57 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.57 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Mechanical Engineering208Graduates
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering129Graduates
- Civil Engineering84Graduates
- Chemical Engineering78Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering60Graduates
- Computer Science46Graduates
- Computer Engineering44Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering Technician34Graduates
- Environmental Engineering32Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.77 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.90 responses
After Michigan Technological University
- Very Good323
I had an amazing time here. The school is very isolated and that can be tough. If you are willing to embrace the winters, outdoor activities, and the intense school work, you will have a great experience. MTU is a winter wonderland. Every winter out door activity is at your finger tips. Hockey, down hill skiing, xc skiing, snowshoeing. I never did most of those before Tech, but I got the opportunity to at tech. I continue to do most of those to this day! The summers are second to none. MTU also has world class mountain biking (see copper harbor too). KBC is world class beer! I didn't know how good I had it up there until I moved to other parts of the country. As I mentioned before, the school work is intense. It takes a crazy/smart person to survive at tech. Right out of college, I made $50k. 8 years out, I make $90k. My civil engineering degree has given me the opportunity to live and work all over the country. MI, LA, FL, PA. My job also requires me to travel all over the country!
- 7 days ago
Tech is an amazing engineering school. This place is a great investment for your future because once you graduate, you will seriously be hired. This place produces some amazing engineers in the middle of the upper peninsula.
- Niche User
- 24 days ago
I like Michigan Tech a lot. The community is very accepting, and people let you do your own thing. I never feel judged for my choices. The classes can be difficult but everyone is in it together, it does not feel like we are pitted against each other.
- 1 month ago