Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB-
Metropolitan State University of Denver is ...
NCAA Division II (without football)
Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference
Metropolitan State University of Denver Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.112 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.116 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.116 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies206Graduates
- Business Administration and Management180Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies173Graduates
- Developmental and Child Psychology124Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management123Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 67 responsesReport
After Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Very Good909
If you're looking for a small school with a big school feeling, Metro is for you. It shares a campus with two other colleges so theres an extreme blend of people and diversity. The location is also amazing. 30 minutes from the mountains, a 5 minute walk into downtown and no more than 20 minutes from some of the best neighborhoods in Denver. The cost is reasonable. The only downfall to Metro is the student housing options. College housing is never cheap but being so close to a plethora of neighborhoods, its way cheaper to live off campus than on.
- 1 day ago
Metropolitan State University is amazing! I love the atmosphere and all the students and professors there! Everyone is so accepting and friendly - that sure wasn't how it was in high school! I am very happy that I chose to go to this college because (1) it's affordable, and (2) it's so diverse and engaging!
- College Freshman
- 16 days ago
It's been well, but I feel as if it is hard to find class mates that will help you in your course of study. Most students will walk around with head phones in their ears and go on with their day. No interaction at all.
- College Junior
- 19 days ago