Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeC
Mars Hill College is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
South Atlantic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.26 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.27 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.26 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management47Graduates
- Elementary Education22Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services20Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching16Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration9Graduates
- Fashion and Apparel Merchandising9Graduates
- Zoology and Entomology8Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.36 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.41 responses
After Mars Hill College
- Very Good127
Mars Hill University is a wonderful university. The university is the most diverse campus that I have visited in North Carolina. The campus is very beautiful and the people here are very nice and respectful to others. I like how there is a reasonable professor to student ratio. The professors are very hands on and if you don't understand something that you are going over then they will take their time to go over it with you and break it down so you get a better understanding. The athletic teams are great as well. They train and practice really hard to make sure that they know what to do when game time comes.
- 9 days ago
The professors at my school are very understanding and always inform the students that there is help whenever we need it. There are SI's, which are students who help the lower class students out with homework or any problems they may have in class. The school itself is very expensive and isn't luxury as you would think it is (because of the tuition cost). The environment is very nice and most of the people are also nice and encouraging.
- College Sophomore
- 1 month ago
I would definitely say the prestige of the school does not equate to how expensive the tuition is. For that reason, I would say I would not do it all over again if I had too. Apart from that living on my own for the first time and having to build relationships with new people has been a great learning experience for me. The change in education level from high school to college was also eye opening for me.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago