Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeA-
Luther College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Lutheran
NCAA Division III (with football)
Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.32 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.32 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.32 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.39 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.47 responses
After Luther College
- Very Good284
I know I made the right choice. It's beautiful and everyone is easy to talk to and so welcoming.
- College Freshman
- 21 days ago
Luther College is very down to earth, very connected to the Decorah community, and very involved in improving the environment through reducing their carbon footprint, recycling, and preserving nature. My favorite experience so far at Luther was my junior year, when I took a course on insects. The professor offered many opportunities to connect to the natural world around us through field trips and up-close and personal insects from the area and from around the world. I learned many new things about identifying and classifying insects as well as their importance and impact on the economy and their role in nature. This was very cool to experience as I learned to appreciate insects instead of fear them.
- College Senior
- 1 month ago
Luther is a place that most students can call home. They feel safe there and like they are part of a great loving community. The professors really care about the students success and the students seem to care about their classmates. On top of this, the city of Decorah is absolutely beautiful. If you are ever bored in this town, you are missing out on a lot.
- College Junior
- 2 months ago