Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB
Loyola University Maryland is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AAA
Loyola University Maryland Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.54 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.54 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.54 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management263Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities67Graduates
- Speech Language Pathology51Graduates
- Elementary Education36Graduates
- Social Sciences36Graduates
- Political Science and Government30Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.48 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.88 responses
After Loyola University Maryland
- Very Good313
The most important thing I could share about this school is that it is a real investment in education. The small class sizes, Jesuit values, and attentive staff will give you an education that other colleges lack. The environment at Loyola is excellent and if you are looking for a college with values than look no further than Loyola. The majority of students at Loyola seem to be natural leaders yet pressure of competitiveness found at other top ranking schools isn't there. Students are not put against each other or broken by being over worked, instead we are encouraged to enjoy learning, enjoy our social lives and ask our selves meaningfull questions that will allow us to grow as individuals. The only thing I would change is more school spirit, but with that being said you'll find that the Greyhounds are loyal to their athletics and dominate on most fields, courts, tracks and pools. Go Greyhounds!
- 1 month ago
This school is a great school, but it is also small. If you don't like going out into the city for fun, probably not a great place.
- Recent Alumnus
- 2 months ago
Loyola is definitely an excellent place to discover yourself. It provides students with a friendly environment and the necessary support for them to accomplish any goal they set for themselves.
- College Junior
- 3 months ago