Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA
Loyola Marymount University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division I-AAA
West Coast Conference
High School GPA
Data not available
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.76 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.81 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.81 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.98 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.109 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 33 responsesReport
After Loyola Marymount University
- Very Good553
lmu has something for everyone. there's always a party if you're looking for one. there are so many unique educational opportunities, especially for those with learning disabilities. lmu listens to students. for example, students recently petitioned to make lmu a fair trade campus, and now, all lmu products are fair trade. the campus is beautiful and the gym is top notch, along with all of lmu's other facilities. you can really tell that every penny is put to good use here. turn left, there's the beach, turn right, there's the city, stay where you are, and you'll be surrounded by a caring, friendly, diverse, active, and rich community with tons of fun things to do on campus 24/7. you'll never be bored here. lmu cares about student safety above all else and is proactive and transparent about any reports made to public safety. lmu also requires new students to take classes about partying and forming relationships safely which sounds lame but it's all been fun and informative. go lions!
- 2 hours ago
It's really fun. I have learned a lot and made many friends.
- Recent Alumnus
- 2 months ago
LMU is amazing! Couldn't ask for a better school.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago