Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA-
Loras College is ...
Private not-for-profit, Catholic
NCAA Division III (with football)
Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Loras College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.23 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.22 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.22 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Elementary Education20Graduates
- Public Relations20Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services19Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies17Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science16Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management16Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.22 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.31 responses
After Loras College
- Very Good113
I like the fact that it is a small school and you can get lots of help from teachers/professors so there is a lot of resources. I'm not a fan of the discrimination level here.
- 12 days ago
Loras is a quaint school in the middle of Dubuque. Its class sizes are small, and thus stronger student-teacher relationships are hatched, however the school is very small and the school is very old.
- College Freshman
- 6 months ago
I love the people around me. I just feel that the school pressures you into doing activities that you aren't interested in. Yes I understand that trying new things is a good idea but when you try to make people feel bad for not joining it's pointless.Teachers I've had were all Great besides my college writing. She was very rude and never showed any interest in the students. i love my friends at Loras but some of the classes I am required to take are ridiculous and aren't my cup of tea. They will in no way help me with my future.
- College Sophomore
- 6 months ago