Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC
- Student LifeB
Longwood University is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
Big South Conference
Longwood University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.54 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.59 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.59 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities174Graduates
- Business Administration and Management101Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science61Graduates
- Visual Arts56Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies55Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services35Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.78 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.95 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 41 responsesReport
After Longwood University
- Very Good333
I transferred from VCU to Longwood University last semester. As far as academics go it is a great school to really focus and get your degree. However the food is horrible. Unlike most colleges the only dinning options students are available to swipe at with blocks is the dining hall. For all the surrounding restaurants you must use cash or the bonus dollars on your meal plan, which is why they disappear so quickly. There is no diversity at all, sometimes it is a bit comforting and makes one often feel the need to conform to their environment instead of embracing who they are.
- 15 days ago
I am really liking it so far.
- College Freshman
- 2 months ago
If I had to choose my school over again, I would do it in a heartbeat. The students at my school are so friendly and kind. Once I was on crutches and my school has many hills and cobblestone paths that make it hard to maneuver through. Well, one day it was raining really hard as I was trying to make it to class and another student I had never met before saw me struggling. She came over and introduced herself and offered to walk me to class under her umbrella. I was so grateful, especially since her class was on the other side of campus. This is Longwood to me. Longwood is family even when you don't know the person.
- College Junior
- 3 months ago