Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB-
- Student LifeB-
Lock Haven University is ...
NCAA Division II (with football)
Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.57 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.57 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Health Care119Graduates
- Business Administration and Management105Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration104Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management62Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness58Graduates
- Early Childhood Education45Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services43Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching36Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.63 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.75 responses
After Lock Haven University
- Very Good285
My overall experience at Lock Haven has been great! I first starting focusing on schooling when I first got here but now that I've been here for a bit now I've spread myself out more. I've gotten a job on campus as a student ambassador and i'm part of the Big Brother Big Sister Program here in Clinton County. This school is very unique because it has it's only little perfect features to it. The nature is a big one of those features, including the many walking trails. Not only that but being close to your professor helps only so many levels. Due to having that small amount of students its nice to truly know your professor and them know you as well! I would never pick to go anywhere else.
- College Freshman
- 9 months ago
Permit costs are much cheaper at Lock Haven University than at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and I am very thankful for that! I think the cost for a parking permit is extremely reasonable, and I hope it stays the same. I think $15 for a parking fine without a permit is also reasonable. Although, I got fined the first week of school because I didn't get my parking permit yet, which I though was ridiculous. They should not monitor that the first week of school and allow students to have a chance to get everything in order. I am a commuter, so it is out of the question whether or not I have to have a car on campus. Sometimes parking locations are far away from class, but for the most part, there are always available spots.
- College Senior
- Oct 24 2013
The trolley service that campus offers is wonderful! Multiple trolleys run through out each day, making it easy to get around an already comfortable sized campus. Also, if you feel like walking, there's never a terribly far walk anywhere. Town isn't even very far from campus! The trolley and of course, walking is free to students which is wonderful. There are also taxis available outside the cafeteria area very often which are only a small fee to get into the next town, Mill Hall, where there are some more shopping opportunities.
- College Junior
- Oct 1 2012