Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeA-
Kent State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Kent State University Rankings
Niche ranks over 1,000 colleges based on more than 50 statistics and nearly 12 million opinions from college students.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.184 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.183 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.182 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management300Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies191Graduates
- Fashion and Apparel Merchandising174Graduates
- Public Health158Graduates
- Human Development140Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 88 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.257 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.296 responses
After Kent State University
- Very Good1427
Kent State University is a great college to figure who you are as a person and a place to pursue your dreams and aspirations. There are many different opportunities and benefits of attending Kent State such as the athletics, safety, and most importantly academics. The campus is very beautiful and mostly everything is easy to find. A great beneficial tool Kent State University uses is the Kent State mobile app which helps you look for buildings your classes are in, dining options, your grades, and class schedules. Overall, Kent State University is an excellent place to go and experience the college life you have always wanted.
- 17 days ago
I like how some of the professors care and how everyone tries to get you involved within the campus. There are many opportunities and great people here at Kent State University.
- 17 days ago
I haven't actually started school yet. However, I've sat in a few classes and met a lot of the students. Everyone is so friendly and approachable. It really feels like home there. I'm african american and 95% of the students I met were white. Even so they were very friendly and I didn't feel like an odd ball at all compared to my high school. I'm very excited to start school in August.
- College Freshman
- 2 months ago