Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA
- Campus FoodA
- Student LifeA
Kent State University is ...
NCAA Division I-A
Kent State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.284 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.283 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.282 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management300Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies191Graduates
- Fashion and Apparel Merchandising174Graduates
- Public Health158Graduates
- Human Development140Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 177 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.341 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.388 responses
After Kent State University
- Very Good1473
I am a first year student at Kent State University. Before classes started I was apart of a minority program called Kupita Transiciones, this program helped me become more familiar with the campus and make great friends. So far I have had an amazing time on campus there are so many places to eat and relax. Quaker is the place to go and get a great burger or wings. It's also the hang out for me and my friends, everyone goes there. If you are in the mood to eat something healthy go to Prentice Cafe. Some places like Rosie's even deliver to you. If I am not eating I am either in class or studying. My classes are amazing my favorite one is my Criminology Issues in Law and Society class. The professor is so open and real he has taught me how my "emotions are not intelligence," and so much more and first semester is not even over yet. Many of the professors here at Kent State University want to see you succeed and are willing to help you so you can.
- 6 days ago
Kent State University is really preparing me for my future career in nursing. All the faculty and staff is always looking at your best interest.
- 10 days ago
The diversity has to be my favorite part of the university. Everyone is so accepting of others. There is always something going on and nobody is ever left out. You can meet so many people and learn so many things even outside of class. The professors are knowledgeable and helpful. They want everyone to succeed and do everything in their power to make that happen.
- 11 days ago