Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB-
Johnson University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Restorationist
NCCAA Division II
Data not available
Johnson University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.14 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.14 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Biblical Studies175Graduates
- Divinity, Ministry, and Pre-Theology54Graduates
- Marriage and Family Therapy and Counseling24Graduates
- Missionary Studies19Graduates
- Elementary Education16Graduates
- Non-Profit and Public Management13Graduates
- Theological and Ministerial Studies11Graduates
- History Teacher Education4Graduates
- English and Speech Teacher Education3Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.16 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.18 responses
After Johnson University
- Very Good95
I am a non-traditional Student. My husband, three children and I moved to TN so that I could earn my bachelors degree. I was worried about going to classes with students much younger than me. The students and professors exceeded my expectations of school. I felt welcomed and not at all uncomfortable from the very first class. My favorite experience was the day I was having a horrible morning and was so close to having an anxiety attack that I could feel myself melting down and not able to breathe. I walked in my classroom to find 3 other students already there. I wanted to run and hide because I was embarrassed. Instead I walked up to one of them and simply said pray for me. They all laid their hands on me and prayed. Their prayer melted all of my anxiety away instantly. During the prayer our professor and other students came in. They didn't know what was going on but stopped walking immediately and bowed their heads. There was no teasing, no sidelong looks, nothing. Just pure friendship and love was shown to me. I would choose this school over and over again and have encouraged kids in my life to attend Johnson University.
- College Sophomore
- 5 months ago
Johnson University is a wonderful college. Johnson offers a multitude of opportunities to make the world a better place. The campus is gorgeous and the student life is full of activity. Its location is pristine, located next to the French Broad River tucked out of the way while just 20 minutes outside of downtown Knoxville. The faculty is like family and work excessively to help invest in your college career. This school is a perfect, small, family community to learn and grow in.
- 1 month ago
There are not many options to choose from. Boys soccer and boys basketball are popular. The basketball team is very good! The team talks to each other very well, and they become a close-nit family. Students do come to watch the games! The whole school is like a huge family.
- College Freshman
- 10 months ago