Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB+
- Campus FoodD
- Student LifeC
Johnson C. Smith University is ...
Private not-for-profit, HBCU
NCAA Division II (with football)
Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association
Johnson C. Smith University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.60 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.58 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.57 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business Administration and Management52Graduates
- Sport and Fitness Management21Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services19Graduates
- Information Technology11Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities10Graduates
- Computer and Information Studies8Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.55 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.80 responses
After Johnson C. Smith University
- Very Good204
My overall experience is great here at Smith. I meet a lot of people everyday that can help me and also further my knowledge. Smith has provided me with a lot of great opportunities to be able to interact and network with people in my field of study. Which helps me to get a better understanding of my major. I would love to keep coming back and recommend that others do as well.
- College Sophomore
- 2 months ago
Johnson C. Smith University in Charlotte, North Carolina, is unique because it provides an outstanding education for a diverse group of talented and highly motivated students from various ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic backgrounds. Johnson C. Smith University offers a liberal education which allows students to enhance their learning to its fullest. Likewise, the University embraces its responsibility to provide leadership and service!
- College Sophomore
- 3 months ago
My overall experience at school so far has been a good one. I have met friends that I think will be lifelong friends. The professors in my department are really helpful and show tough love towards their students. The internships I have received from being apart of this university are amazing. I have been able to network with many relevant people in my career field.
- College Senior
- 4 months ago