Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA-
Johnson & Wales University is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Great Northeast Athletic Conference
Johnson & Wales University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Data not available
Data not available
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.156 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.164 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.163 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Culinary Arts and Food Service804Graduates
- Restaurant and Food Services Management568Graduates
- Baking and Pastry Arts347Graduates
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies206Graduates
- Hotel and Resort Management175Graduates
- Business Administration and Management141Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration98Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management89Graduates
- Fashion and Apparel Merchandising78Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 103 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.186 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.227 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 106 responsesReport
After Johnson & Wales University
- Very Good899
I haven't been here very long, but so far I love it. We don't have class on Fridays which is amazing and because we run on trimesters, your only taking three or four courses at a time. The professors are all so nice and helpful because they all have over 10 years work experience in the field. The food is great, there so many options and its a culinary school so that makes it all the better. Career services are so helpful and tutoring is included in your tuition so any help you need, your able to get free of charge. Johnson & Wales is located in the middle of the beautiful city of Providence so if you feel like going off campus, you can just step out side Gaebe commons and go explore the city and see all it has to offer.
- 1 day ago
Johnson & Wales University has many things to offer to any student. With over a hundred different student clubs/organizations, not one student can say they are not busy at school. The different variety of foods the university offers under the meal plan allows students to eat different types of foods every day. The campus is in the city, so there is always something to do. The library is my favorite place to go and do homework. The room temperature is comfortable, the noise level is always soft, and the chairs make it hard to leave because they are so comfortable. I chose the right college for me and I do not plan on leaving until I graduate.
- 2 days ago
As a freshman at Johnson and Wales University I have to say that I am so glad this is where I chose to go. From the faculty, administration and friends I have met, this school has enabled me to start on the right path. Being in downtown Providence, RI JWU is in the center of everything, also allowing for many job opportunities outside of school. The clubs and extra curricular activities are abundant also. JWU is a great University and I would highly recommend it to everyone.
- 27 days ago