Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeA-
Johnson & Wales University is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Great Northeast Athletic Conference
Johnson & Wales University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Data not available
Data not available
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.156 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.164 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.163 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Culinary Arts and Food Service804Graduates
- Restaurant and Food Services Management568Graduates
- Baking and Pastry Arts347Graduates
- Recreation & Fitness206Graduates
- Hotel and Resort Management175Graduates
- Business Administration and Management141Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration98Graduates
- Hospitality and Tourism Management89Graduates
- Fashion and Apparel Merchandising78Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 103 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.186 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.227 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 106 responsesReport
After Johnson & Wales University
- Very Good899
Being so far way has been tough. I am from California and I am currently attending school in Rhode Island. Johnson and Wales University has been great so far! I am really enjoying the food, friends, and my classes. So far my favorite class is Communication Skills. My Professor , who teaches Communication Skills, is vey outstanding. Professor Gaines interacts and shows exactly what we will accomplish after taking this course. My school is unique due to the fact we do not have school on Fridays and sometimes we have classes outside from the classroom. This gives us the opportunity to have class in a dining to get one on one attention with the Professor.
- College Freshman
- 3 months ago
I am really enjoying Johnson and Wales University. I so far have taken two fashion classes and have met many great guest speakers who have attended Johnson and Wales University. These have been my favorite memories so far because it is awesome seeing people who have attended your school that are so successful in your career field. I think what makes my school unique is the trimester schedule. I love that I have three rounds of classes throughout the school year, not like most schools. I also love that as a freshman I am already in my major classes. It is because of the trimesters, the professors and my class selection that I have received a 4.0 gpa the first trimester. If I could choose my school again I would definitely pick Johnson and Wales because I believe that I am being offered the best education and will come across many opportunities here!
- College Sophomore
- 11 months ago
The courses are pretty hard depending on your field of study. The English department professors are great they offer a'lot of help when needed. Math and science courses are not easy but the professors offer help when needed. Engineering classes are extremely hard! But it depends on your professor. If you have a professor that wants you to do good they will do everything in there power to help you and make themselves available for you. But if you have a professor that just gives you work and expects you to know it over night the class is not going to be easy. Also if they are not available to help you more than 3 times a week you are going to struggle with there course. The quality of the courses isn't to bad it all depends on how the professor presents the course. On thing that is great is the variety of classes offered the classes are very diverse.
- College Freshman
- 8 months ago