Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneC
- Campus FoodA-
- Student LifeC
Jacksonville State University is ...
NCAA Division I-AA
Ohio Valley Conference
High School GPA
Neither required nor recommended
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.43 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.42 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.42 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies84Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities75Graduates
- Elementary Education72Graduates
- Business Administration and Management66Graduates
- Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies60Graduates
- Social Work and Youth Services49Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
Data not available
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.46 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.49 responses
After Jacksonville State University
- Very Good254
I liked how everyone on campus was very nice. Everyone always had a smile and was willing to offer a helping hand when needed. I just wish that they had a larger variety of majors. They don't have my major so I'm having to transfer to a different university.
- 18 days ago
My time at Jacksonville State University has been a roller coaster of emotions and growth. The people at the school have helped me grow into an outgoing, super involved person, but I have rarely been recognized for my hard work. I have had to work 2-3 jobs at time throughout my entire college career just to be able to afford going to JSU and it is one of the cheapest school in Alabama. The only issue the school needs to work on is where they decide to invest their money. Most of the money my school receives goes towards athletics and not on bettering learning services and students. I wish I had more time to work independently with the professors to develop research topics, but finding time between multiple jobs, involvement on campus, and classes is difficult. Other than not receiving scholarships from my school and not having time to develop research, it has been a good experience and I am glad I got an opportunity to be a part of one of the best programs on campus - the international house program.
- Recent Alumnus
- 2 months ago
The teachers are about half and half when it comes to quality. The administration staff is awful thought so pray you don't have to deal with them.
- College Sophomore
- 3 months ago