Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB-
Illinois Institute of Technology is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Division III Independents
Illinois Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.41 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering60Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering60Graduates
- Computer Science43Graduates
- Civil Engineering40Graduates
- Business Administration and Management31Graduates
- Information Technology29Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering26Graduates
- Computer Engineering25Graduates
- Chemical Engineering24Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.51 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.57 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 27 responsesReport
After Illinois Institute of Technology
- Very Good176
I love the professors and the classes you are able to take! The community of people at the school are wonderful people to be around, but more importantly, the education you get from this school is fantastic. The only downside is that the campus is a little old compared to the time we live in right now. Overall, an amazing university.
- 2 days ago
According to my survey, of 500 students in Illinois tech, 455 students (91%) do not like food served here. 250 students participated in my survey are international students. 99% of them do not like food here. Therefore, I have requested to Illinois Tech's Resident Hall Association to change college's meal plan and food.
- 3 days ago
There's not a lot of the "typical college atmosphere"- after all, it is a tech school sitting in the middle of the third-largest city in the US, but if you want to study and get your degree it's not a bad place to be. I haven't had much difficulty with the administration, but some people do. As for the profs, it's a mixed bag, but I've had mostly good ones. The housing and food could be better, but they're passable, and again, you're probably not going to spend much time at home... you'll be spending most of your time in class/lab and in the library.
- 5 days ago