Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB-
Illinois Institute of Technology is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Division III Independents
Illinois Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.41 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering60Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering60Graduates
- Computer Science43Graduates
- Civil Engineering40Graduates
- Business Administration and Management31Graduates
- Information Technology29Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering26Graduates
- Computer Engineering25Graduates
- Chemical Engineering24Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.51 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.57 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 27 responsesReport
After Illinois Institute of Technology
- Very Good176
As a graduate student majoring in electrical engineering I have been offered NOTHING from school or the department and I am therefore wasting a large portion of valuable study and research time on finding alternative sources of funding/loans and jobs most of which are unsuccessful and financial concern has been a big distraction to my studies. There have even been cases where I have run short on basic living expenses. I've even known PhD students in our department who have personally funded their own living expenses AND TUITION while doing research for the department at the same time! I have no time for recreation or social life because I am constantly busy seeking alternative resources to finance my tuition and living expenses which has also been a big barrier to my studies since I have difficulty focusing on school due to my financial burdens. I do NOT recommend attending this school to anyone and I have thought of and searched for other schools to transfer to but unfortunately due to the amount of credit hours passed at this school, all of my credit hours wouldn't have been transferred and it was too late so I decided to stay at IIT for now until completion of M.Sc.
- College Senior
- Oct 9 2012
Diversity in IIT is no doubt one of the best I have come across! This I'm very sure because I have heard many from other universities across different states. There have been claims of racism and discrimination in many well-known universities because generally a group of people dominate( there will be a majority of people from same group). On the contrary, in IIT there are people from different places who get along so well. Chinese are obviously the majority here but there are a fair share of Indians,French and Germans apart from Afro-Americans. The fact that a guy from Ethiopia is the International Student Board vice president says the story!
- College Junior
- Sep 24 2012
For the first year, the financial aid package is pretty good; it covers everything! However, tuition does increase, so I would heavily recommend to continue to apply for scholarships. I, unfortunately, am slowly being priced out of attendance. But, I did not continually apply for scholarships either. So, to avoid being in my situation apply apply apply for scholarships!
- College Sophomore
- Jan 31 2014