Overall Niche Grade
- Party SceneB-
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB-
Illinois Institute of Technology is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
Division III Independents
Illinois Institute of Technology Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.41 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering60Graduates
- Mechanical Engineering60Graduates
- Computer Science43Graduates
- Civil Engineering40Graduates
- Business Administration and Management31Graduates
- Information Technology29Graduates
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering26Graduates
- Computer Engineering25Graduates
- Chemical Engineering24Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.51 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.57 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 27 responsesReport
After Illinois Institute of Technology
- Very Good175
There's not a lot of the "typical college atmosphere"- after all, it is a tech school sitting in the middle of the third-largest city in the US, but if you want to study and get your degree it's not a bad place to be. I haven't had much difficulty with the administration, but some people do. As for the profs, it's a mixed bag, but I've had mostly good ones. The housing and food could be better, but they're passable, and again, you're probably not going to spend much time at home... you'll be spending most of your time in class/lab and in the library.
- 1 day ago
It's a great school for your career. You can ask for any resources available, and the staff is equally helpful. You can always get research interests in this school and lot of career opportunities as well.
- College Student
- 30 days ago
I love coming to school to learn and interact with my peers/future colleagues. This school is far from cultural diverse ranging from students from Asia, Europe, South America and different parts of the United States. I love just getting to learn other peoples culture and way of life and this environment gives me an opportunity to do so. The kind people and the knowledge disseminated in every classroom makes me happy that I chose to go to this school.
- College Sophomore
- 1 month ago